Magenta Jumpsuit
 Jumpsuit: DIY

Jumpsuit: DIY

When I saw this fabric on the table at, Warehouse Fabrics, I knew it immediately had to come home with me. I purchased more than enough because I usually don't have a specific project in mind with my on the whim fabric purchases.  There were no specific patterns in my inventory to create the look I wanted.  With this project there were several alterations and visions to achieve the finished look:

The pants were a combination of 2 patterns:  I superimposed the top of a draped skirt pattern (vintage pattern on right of screen) on a basic pant pattern block .  The pants were tapered in by 2 inches for a slimmer leg.

The top half of jumpsuit was used with Vogue 8646.  I added 2 pleats on shoulders and omitted back darts. The separate facing around the front of bodice was omitted and I added a knit interfacing and used a self facing instead.  Bishop sleeves were drafted using one of the many pattern making (flat and draped) books in my studio.  I started with a basic sleeve pattern, cut and slash the sleeves, increased the bottom length by an 1".  Instead of an elastic closing on the sleeve, I used a 4" band. 

 Pattern used for "Bishop" sleeve

Pattern used for "Bishop" sleeve